[jdom-interest] No Validation

GB/DEV - Philip Nelson philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Thu Feb 22 05:54:38 PST 2001

> I have another problem now in that my firewall is quite slow and as a
> result my server retrieves the dtd's too slowly and times out causing
> build to fail.  What puzzles me is that I think I have
> validation turned
> off and therefore there should be no reason for build to get
> the dtd at
> all.

I am pretty sure that the parser cannot be certain what is in files
referenced with SYSTEM.  There could be entities there that are essential to
the document but aren't required for dtd validation.  So when a parser sees
the SYSTEM tag it will lap up the file, period.  After the file is loaded,
validation comes into play.