[jdom-interest] Re: jdom-interest digest, Vol 1 #481 - 5 msgs

GB/DEV - Philip Nelson philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon Feb 26 05:35:31 PST 2001

> I know that I can get the xerces jar that is with jdom to work with
> this, but that isn't what I want.  I want to be able to compile both
> together in Visual Age.  I want to do this so that when I
> need to check
> in the source to see what is going on, or if I find a bug, etc. etc.
> etc. I can do so easily.  Basically, I want to be able to do my own
> compile when and if I need to.

I use Visual Age every day with JDOM.  The entry in the FAQ is not exactly
what I do but the real key is to separate the org.w3c.* classes from any
parser you have on your workspace.  Put those classes into a separate
project and version it.  Once you have done that version the parser on your
workspace.  If you are using WTE, you will have to do this for XML4J as well
as any version of Xerces you may have.

Then, just bring the parser you want to use out of the repository and remove
any of the others.  Actually, I have no problems leaving multiple parsers in
my workspace but ususally don't just to save RAM.