[jdom-interest] ClassCircularityError: org/apache/xerces/dom/AttrImpl

Sun, Frank Frank.Sun at Williams.com
Wed Feb 28 11:07:30 PST 2001

Hi,

 I got "ClassCircularityError" exception when I tried to add an element

 to the xml file below, I found if I kept trying, after two more times,
 it would successfully
 insert this element and created the right xml file.

 The evrionment I used are:
 DOMBuilder builder = new
 DOMBuilder("org.jdom.adapters.XercesDOMAdapter",false);
 Weblogic 5.1.0 as application server.
 NT4.0 workstation
 IE5.0

 did anybody has experience of this kind of error?
 please help, thanks.
 Frank

 I want to add a role (e.g. programmer) to this xml file as an element
 of roles.
 //
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE myDocument>
 <bugs><description>aBug</description>
 <author>Frank</author>
 <createdDate>Today</createdDate>
 <roles />
 <activities />
 <dataList />
 <transitions />
 <conditions />
 </bugs>
 //

 //first try failed, tried two more times, it successfully created the
 following xml file

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE myDocument><bugs><description>aBug</description>
 <author>Frank</author>
 <createdDate>Today</createdDate>
 <roles>
     <role>
         <name>Programmer</name>
         <description>a programmer</description>
    </role>
 </roles>
 <activities />
 <dataList />
 <transitions />
 <conditions />
 </bugs>
 //

 weblogic logfile:

 java.lang.ClassCircularityError: org/apache/xerces/dom/AttrImpl
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:545)
         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.reallyLoadClass(GenericClassL
oader.java,
 Compiled Code)
         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$Slave.loadCla
ss(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java,
 Compiled Code)

         at

weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.
java,
 Compiled Code)