[jdom-interest] Some add-ons to JDOM

Matthew MacKenzie matt at goxml.com
Mon Feb 12 22:28:11 PST 2001

Rudolf,

What you are referring to related to filtering based on the content of an
attribute doesn't (IMHO) belong in the XML Parser.  Generally, you would
create a subclass of the parser to handle your specific details.

If the parser *were* to filter based on language, it would probably be
advisable to use the suggested syntax of:

<element xml:lang="SEE_RFC_1766" />

( see http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-lang-tag for
information on XML's language selection facility. )

Why don't you use XSLT or something like that to do your language selection?

Cheers,

-Matt

<<| message from: "Joseph Bowbeer" <jozart at csi.com> |>>
Question: Can you explain how the callback mechanism you added is different
> from the XMLFilter that can be applied to the SAXBuilder?
>
> Suggestion: It would be more efficient to implement your context grouping
> using HashMap instead of Hashtable (no synchs).
>
> Confusion: I don't follow your comment about testing for root element
and/or
> null document, or the subsequent comment about using list operations as
the
> basis for document maintenance.  Can you elaborate?

Using

interest/youraddr at yourhost.com

<<| end message from "Joseph Bowbeer" <jozart at csi.com> |>>

--