[jdom-interest] Character Data translation (ï etc.... please help).

David Ngo dngo at softquad.com
Tue Jan 2 17:37:28 PST 2001

Hi all, I am parsing an html file using JDOM and running into "character
data" problem.

 i.e. Input string   <JavaXML:Heading>Introduction &#239;</JavaXML:Heading>
Once it is in the JDOM tree the &#239; got translate into an extended
character number which make it hard time to translate it back.

Is there a way to preserve the character data when building the JDOM
instance or what is the best way to translate it back to its original form,
I tested the SAXBuilderDemo.java and the same thing happen.

Thank you,

David D Ngo
SoftQuad
Content Service Group