[jdom-interest] Using Iterator.remove() for children ??

Paul Libbrecht paul at ags.uni-sb.de
Fri Jan 5 09:16:54 PST 2001

Hi,

(new to this list)

I'm currently trying to remove a bunch of elements that satisfy whatever test... my best way seems to iterate through the elements with getChildren().iterator() then when an element is targetted... I'm removing it with the remove() method.

Turns out the getChildren() object is an org.jdom.PartialList which seems to not care at all about iterator it can give me, which means it will not relay any operation on this iterator, in particular the remove() method.

Does anyone have more comment on this PartialList class so that I could understand it and probably implement this iterator ??

My only alternate solution would be to make not a remover of elements but a creator... it's a bit less elegant, so to say...

Thanks in advance.

Paul