[jdom-interest] Using JDOM and LARGE XML Files ...

Etienne-Hugues Fortin efortin at originalsim.com
Wed Jan 10 11:37:23 PST 2001

Hi,

I actually have an issue with the size of my XML document that occurs a few
days ago.  Before that, I was sending (from a servlet), a list of record
from a database without a hitch.  Since we pass over around 1000 entries
(which is a file about 415k big), I don't always get the whole document that
is generated on the servlet side with jdom.  As we speak, it's not a problem
on the reading side (so shouldn't bug you at all) but I'm not sure, at this
time, why the document constructor is letting me down.  I should probably
look at options as maybe the construction of the document is made in memory
instead of being sent to the stream as soon as new line are added.  We'll
see.

Again, you should be fine with JDOM.  For the rest of your question, I can't
help you as JDOM is still relatively new for me so I'm only familiar with
the minimum required to get my application working.

Etienne Fortin