[jdom-interest] Re: Using JDOM and LARGE XML Files ...

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Thu Jan 11 01:31:18 PST 2001

If you want to eliminate or prune elements prior to processing, you can
write your own XMLFilter (SAX2) and assign it to your SAXBuilder before
you build your Document.

XMLFilter filter = new MyFilter();
builder.setXMLFilter(filter);
Document doc = builder.build(in);

Check out the samples in jdom/samples/sax.

Writing an XMLFilter is a little easier than writing your own SAX
handler, and you'll be able to use the standard JDOM API.