[jdom-interest] About PI-Urgent

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Thu Jan 11 12:29:07 PST 2001

> Even I too agree that, it will be more convenient to have a
> constructor which takes mixedContent as parameter.

Yep, my old idea.  I proposed it a while ago but no one had any comment
at the time.

> that we should add prependContent(Comment) and prependContent(PI)?

Maybe.  Rubs me the wrong way somehow tho.

> I think you
> can get rid of the 3 getProcessingInstruction() methods

They're primarily to help with a tool like Cocoon that reads PIs with
specific names at the document level.  Anyone out there use them?

> BTW, was there discussion of why the no-arg constructor for
> Document is not public, and why there's no constructor that
> takes mixed content? Either of
> these would solve the problem too, and in a cleaner way I think.

A Document without a root element is a malformed document.  One perk of
using JDOM is that every Document you create is guaranteed to be
well-formed.  (There are some loopholes still, but we're filling them.)