[jdom-interest] Possible BUG in XercesErrHandler class

Govy Munamala govym at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:10:03 PST 2001

Hello Everyone..

    I am using JDOM-B5 and Xerces v1.2.3 and found that validation of my XML
doc using XML/Schema was giving an exception %ELEMENT% must be declared..

    I did a little bit of search for similar messages in the archive and
couldn't find a resonable answer. So I started debugging the source code.

    I found that the methods error & warning in XercesErrHandler class are
re-throwing the SAXException. The documentation says, the call backs to
these methods could be ignored in most of the cases! I also found that
org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultErrHandler ignored the exceptions in the methods
error & warning. Was there any specific design decision involved in
re-throwing the Exceptions??

    Am I missing something else here???

Thanks
Govy