[jdom-interest] RE: XML Syntax Suggestion

Dodson, John John.Dodson at Surgient.com
Sun Jan 21 13:16:46 PST 2001

Did anyone get this? Help please! =-}

-----Original Message-----
From: Dodson, John
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 3:12 PM
To: 'Jason Hunter'
Cc: 'jdom-interest at jdom.org'
Subject: RE: XML Syntax Suggestion

Resend...now that I'm a JDOM member

Hey,

I'm fairly new to JDOM and XML, and would like to solicit advice.  I want to
create a generic list syntax that will be easy to parse.  I'm thinking
something like what follows.

1. Does this sound reasonable or is there an easier way?
2. How easy would this be to parse with JDOM?

<list>
	<entry>
		<attrib name="eventType" value="info"/>
	</entry>
	<entry>
		<attrib name="eventSsName" value="NI"/>
		<attrib name="eventSeverity" value="fatal"/>
	</entry>
</list>

Thanks very much in advance,

John Dodson