[jdom-interest] retrieving allowed elements

Warner Onstine warner at warneronstine.com
Mon Jan 22 10:18:30 PST 2001

Ahh, Got a chance to look at the DOMBuilder code and see that you use the
Adapters (either the default xerces adapter, or one that I define). I will
take a look at Xerces then and see if they have any kind of support for
this.

Now another quick question: Are any Adapters being written that don't use
Xerces or SAX (Crimson, etc), ie -  a native jdom adapter? To me this seems
logical according this part of the mission statement:
While JDOM interoperates well with existing standards such as the Simple API
for XML (SAX) and the Document Object Model (DOM), it is not an abstraction
layer or enhancement to those APIs. Rather, it seeks to provide a robust,
light-weight means of reading and writing XML data without the complex and
memory-consumptive options that current API offerings provide.

-warner