[jdom-interest] Possible BUG in XercesErrHandler class

Govy Munamala govym at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:18:20 PST 2001

But the exceptions are already classified as Fatal, Warning and regular
errors. The "#ELEMENT# must be declared " exception is being raised as a
recoverable error within Xerces and thus being handed over to the error
method in XercesErrHandler. Even the org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultErrHandler
class is having no op for the methods warning & error.

Is there any other solution to identify the type of exception within the
programs, because as it stands we cannot introspect the IOException  for
these ignorable exceptions.

If the design decision is to notify every exception, then the fine
granularity of the exceptions should be delegated to the calling programs
for appropriate action instead of flattening it into a generic IOException.

Thanks
Govy