[jdom-interest] Do schemas work with JDOM?

Fishman, Rick Rick_Fishman at ctilogistx.com
Tue Jan 23 07:08:52 PST 2001

I appreciate the help. I don't want to wear out my welcome (maybe I should
be posting this to W3C?) but one more thing... maybe I'm missing something.
I have now changed my xml and its schema as found below. I am getting a
JDOMException indicating that it can't find the schema:

org.jdom.JDOMException: General Schema Error: Grammar with uri :
x-schema:http://localhost/ReadTestSchema.xsd , can not found.: Error on line
2 of document file:/C:/JavaProjects/JDomTest/ReadTest.xml: General Schema
Error: Grammar with uri : x-schema:http://localhost/ReadTestSchema.xsd , can
not found.

I am running this from a Java application that is using JDOM to try and
parse the XML file. The schema (ReadTestSchema.xsd) is located in my
inetput/wwwroot directory that is my default web site on my box and that web
site is definitely accessible. This of course is an IIS web server. I also
copied the schema to an Apache web server on the Internet and tried it using
that URL but had the same problem. Is there something else I need to do to
allow JDOM to find the schema? I'm loading the XML file from disk (not thru
http) - maybe that's a problem?

I know I'm missing something really basic here so I'm prepared to be
embarrassed <grin>...

Here is my xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RICKSDOC xmlns="x-schema:http://www.codeblazers.com/ReadTestSchema.xsd">
   <ROUTE ID="1">
      <TRIP ID="1">
         <STOP ID="1" />
      </TRIP>
   </ROUTE>
</RICKSDOC>

Here is my schema:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/08/XMLSchema">
<xsd:complexType name="RICKSDOC">
   <xsd:element name="ROUTE" type="ROUTE"/>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="ROUTE">
   <xsd:element name="TRIP" type="TRIP"/>
   <xsd:attribute name="ID" type="xsd:unsignedLong"/>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="TRIP">
   <xsd:element name="STOP" type="STOP"/>
   <xsd:attribute name="ID" type="xsd:unsignedLong"/>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="STOP">