[jdom-interest] Updated FAQ and Quotes, Sun HQ Briefing

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Jan 30 09:45:01 PST 2001

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I greatly expanded the JDOM FAQ
(http://jdom.org/docs/faq.html), adding entries that have been piling up
over the past couple months.  You may want to check it out before asking
questions.  Heck, you may want to check it out anyway just to learn more
about JDOM.

I also added several entries to the Quotes page
(http://jdom.org/docs/quotes.html).  My favorite is the new Michael
Champion quote.  Course, what I'd really like to see on this page are
more quotes from companies using JDOM with success.  I know this often
requires getting official approval, but if you're using JDOM and haven't
contributed code, it'd be good to contribute a quote instead!  (Point
out your manager it's in their own best interest to encourage others to
use JDOM, as it makes JDOM stronger.)

Finally, I want to announce that I'm speaking on JDOM at a Sun
Headquarters Briefing tomorrow, as part of a day dedicated to "Java and
XML" technologies.  Even though these Briefings typically showcase only
Sun technology, Sun specifically requested a session on JDOM!  They
clearly have a strong interest in what we're doing here.  The "manager
level" slides are already up on http://jdom.org.

Enjoy!