[jdom-interest] Parser Hangs in Servlet / JSP

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Tue Jan 30 11:24:57 PST 2001

Hi,

we try to use JDOM in a Java bean that is used by a Java Server Page (JSP)
which implementation at the end of the day is a servlet.

Sometimes the parser hangs in the build() method. The strage thing is: It
only hangs sometimes. Sometimes the exact same unchanged code just works
fine !!!

I found some references to this problem reported by other people that all
pointed to the CLASSPATH. I am sure I have Xerces 1.2.3 on the Servlet
engine classpath and no other XML parser around. But is there a way to
*proof* this?

Are there any other explainations for the builder() method to hang without
any exception other than not having the proper Xerces classes on the
classpath? Is there any other XML parser except Xerces that I could plug
into JDOM to try this?

Regards,
Torsten Schlabach
Freelance