[jdom-interest] How to use SAXOutputter of JDOM beta 5??

antony at n-space.com.au antony at n-space.com.au
Tue Jan 30 19:38:23 PST 2001

>                 How to use the <  void  output(Document document) > method
> of the SAXOutputter class of org.jdom.output package of JDOM Beta 5
> parser.....This helps in the firing of the SAX events.....Where and how do
> we declare the SAX eventhandlers?
>                         Anyone knows this ...then plz help me.....Thanx in
> advance!

In beta 5 the SAXOutputter class is empty - which is why you can't see
how to use it. Get a snapshot - I use 2000-01-24, and although I haven't
yet used SAXOutputter (which is the reason I got the snapshot) at least
the code is there.

I (and my configuration management system) would prefer more
regular/recent officially stamped beta releases, but then I haven't
contributed to the project yet, and I'm just grateful JDOM exists.

---  Antony Blakey     mailto:antony at n-space.com.au  ---
---  N-Space Pty Ltd   http://www.n-space.com.au     ---
---  Sydney: 02 9212 6445  Adelaide: 08 8359 2470    ---

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One
way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no
deficiencies, and the  other way is to make it so
complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The
first method is far more difficult.
   - C.A.R. Hoare