[jdom-interest] Problem with DOMBuilder

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Jan 30 20:40:38 PST 2001

Herb Jiang wrote:

> I use Xerces 1.2.3 API + JDOM-b5.
>
> I cannot use DOMBuilder to build a DOM Document Object from xml file.
>
> I get this error:
> Exception in thread "main" org.jdom.IllegalNameException: The name

Fixed in the latest snapshot.

But meanwhile, you shouldn't use DOMBuilder to build from a file!!  The
docs make this abundantly clear!  It's far, far, far slower than
SAXBuilder because DOM builds are slower than SAX parses.

I'm thinking of removing the methods so people stop doing this.  I just
liked having them around for sanity checking that DOM and SAX builds are
identical.