[jdom-interest] Is reverse XPath possible

Markus Bernhardt mbernhardt at swsgmbh.de
Mon Jul 2 09:03:05 PDT 2001

Hi !

What I need is a xpath implementation which can do something like:
Is this object part of the result of this xpath applied to this object ?

All to me known xpath implementations are of the type:
    Take a start node and find the result nodes.
So I get a list of objects and have to scroll through the list, to find
(perhaps) my object.

Question:
Is it possible to extend the werken.xpath package to accomplish this
task ?
Is it possible at all to write such a xpath algorithm ?

- markus