[jdom-interest] Older JDOM Needed

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Tue Jul 3 12:51:50 PDT 2001

> First thought: How about using another parser like Crimson?

good idea!

> If you're stuck on Xerces 1.0.3, it probably only supports SAX 1.0 and
> DOM Level 1.  We moved over to SAX2 and DOM2 quite a while
> ago.  Rather
> than go back to ancient times, your best bet is to take the current
> builders and see how much work it would be to modify them to
> support the
> earlier versions (the largest change being namespace handling).

If this is your only option, I can send you an adapter I made for the MinML
version 1 that probably is close to what you need since that version was a
sax 1 implementation.  It is pretty untested since the MinML2 came out.  It
does not support namespaces so you would have to code that from the
attributes if you need it.

Your much better off with crimson if you can use it.