[jdom-interest] PLEASE store ALL files (not the classes) in the jar-file in UTF-16

Markus Bernhardt mbernhardt at swsgmbh.de
Sat Jul 7 04:11:04 PDT 2001

Hi !

I would appreciate it very much, if all text files
(at the moment 'info.xml') could be stored using UTF-16.
Info.xml is not used at runtime (or?), so it will make no
problems, but there are some platforms which cant handle
this file.

Reason:
On an OS/390 mainframe we have not ASCII, but EBCDIC encoding.
Without using UTF-16 this generates unbelievable side effects.

BTW: Ever tried running xerces, xalan or fop on a mainframe ?
Interesting experience.

- markus