[jdom-interest] Namespace?

dfeather at oreillyauto.com dfeather at oreillyauto.com
Tue Jul 10 11:52:56 PDT 2001

>                I am trying to add the following namespaces to the FILE
root node
> and am having limited success.  I went to search the mail list archives
> they appear to be out of commission for the time being.  It seems the
> following should be fairly simple but it is not clear to me from the
> how this is accomplished.  Could some kind soul please send me a code
> snippet that addresses my needs?
> Thanks
> -Gary
> <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
> <FILE xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation =
>                <ROUTING>
>                </ROUTING>
> </FILE>

This is what I do:

Element newRoot = new Element("FILE");

Namespace xmlns =

Attribute xsiAttrib = new Attribute("noNamespaceSchemaLocation","file:///C:/Documents/832BP_SCHEMAV04.XSD",xmlns);

That works for me. There may be a better way. Anyone? This is what I use
in JDOM B6 BTW. I have not yet grabbed B7 (shame on me). I don't know if
B7 will require any changes to this.

Dan Feather
O'Reilly Automotive, Inc.
417-862-2674 x8949