[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter to the rescue (get/setText)

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Wed Jul 11 19:06:43 PDT 2001

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 05:21:22PM -0400, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> >
> > However, if
> >
> >   getText DOES recurse
> >  setText replaces the entire content
> >

> OK, fine, whatever. I'm just nervous when a method that looks like an
> accessor has to visit lots of other objects before it returns, but
> I'll get over it.
>
> +0 on getText recursing and concatenating all and only string content
> from the target and its contents
>
> +1 on setText replacing the entire content (or -1 on Brett's original
> proposal)

I guess I forgot my original proposal, because this is what I thought it
was - setText() replaces all content in an element.  Don't bother correcting
me if I'm wrong, I have maximum deniability ;-) I'm in the last days of a
book writing, you're lucky I can still spell my name ;-)

-Brett