[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder adds a newline!? - False alarm.

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Mon Jul 16 07:32:59 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "MarkW" <markw at wilsoncom.de>
To: <jdom-interest at jdom.org>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 6:22 AM
Subject: [jdom-interest] SAXBuilder adds a newline!? - False alarm.

> After removing all LF+CR from the template files SAXBuilder delivers as
> wanted.
> Is there a way to use formatted XML-files as input for SAXBuilder?

Sure. I think that it is actually XMLOutputter that may be changing your
file. Look at the various setNewlines() and setLineSeparator() and the like
in XMLOutputter. If you read in a formatted XML file, you want to tell
XMLOutputter to do no formatting on thy way out, or it will double up on
line-feeds and the like.