[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder.build() weirdness

John Muhlestein jmuhlestein at i-link.net
Tue Jul 17 14:56:39 PDT 2001

Along with my transformation problems (and the reason I discovered them --
parsing.  Here is the scenario, I have a Class that takes in a
BufferedReader and, among other things, creates a JDOM Document from the
BufferedReader.  If I call this class from a program which opens the xml
from a document everthing works great.  If I pass the xml document (via
POST) to a servlet which calls the program it dies at the
SAXBuilder.build(BufferedReader) call.  The interesting thing is that the
method just hangs.  There are no exceptions thrown by the build process.

I was wondering if 1) anyone has encountered this behavior before and knows
of a solution and if not, 2) is there a good way to watch the SAX events
while the JDOM document is being built to see if it a particular bit of
content that it is getting hung up on.

thanks again,

John