[jdom-interest] possible bug in removeContent()

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Tue Jul 17 17:27:56 PDT 2001

> > > Should the consecutive text nodes be merged as per xml spec like when
you
> > do
> > > addContent(), ie should the output be "...t1t2"
> >
> > Where is this per the XML spec?
>
> I think it's not noted at all in the XML spec.  But the C14N spec
> says to merge consecutive text nodes.

So what do folks think? We could make this happen, but I'm not sure that the
processing and work is something people even want... so what do you think?

One secondary option is to have a normalize() method which would do this if
explicitly asked.

Thoughts?

---
Brett McLaughlin