[jdom-interest] JDOM via Servlet

John Muhlestein jmuhlestein at i-link.net
Mon Jul 23 13:42:35 PDT 2001

I seem to continue to be running up against a brick wall trying to pass XML
to a servlet and then building a JDOM Document (see SAXBuilder.buid()
weirdness and second try).  I have decided to ignore my entire back-end
application and just concentrate on sending XML and building the Document.
Thanks to Joseph Bowbeer I have come up with some code I thought would do
the trick (attempting to buffer the XML stream as mentioned in the FAQ) and
so far no luck.

Here are the details:
Tomcat 3.2
Xerces 1.4.1
JDOM b7 (cvs 7/14/2001)

When I attempt SAXBuilder.build() the servlet hangs and I ultimately receive
back:

 http://devboard/xml/servlet/whlsl
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://devboard/xml/servlet/whlsl
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:545)
	at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:230)
	at com.ilink.whlsl.util.WhlslPostTest.send(WhlslPostTest.java:39)

	at com.ilink.whlsl.util.WhlslPostTest.main(WhlslPostTest.java:77)

If I skip the build and just echo back my request the servlet returns
HttpURLConnection.HTTP_OK and the result is the XML that I POSTed to the
servlet.

I hava attached the XML, the class the POST's and the servlet (They are all
short).

If there are any other suggestions, please, let me know.

thanks for the help,

John

 <<WhlslServlet.java>>  <<WhlslPostTest.java>>  <<whlsl.xml>>