[jdom-interest] escape characters

Baum, Karl karl.baum at tallan.com
Fri Jul 27 08:53:21 PDT 2001

The problem I was having was that I was using jdom to output xml and then
xslt to transform to many different formats.  So my xml documents where
containing strings such as &#162 for a cent sign.  However, I realized
that if I include the attribute disable-output-escaping="yes" to my
xsl:value-of element.  This tells xslt to transform '&#162 ' to '&#162',
the same function jdom performs when reading in the xml file.