FW: [jdom-interest] Text class (Modified)

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Jun 2 10:07:18 PDT 2001

At 9:13 PM -0500 5/31/01, Brett McLaughlin wrote:
>Thoughts on what's below?
>
>-Brett

I could plausibly see Comparable being implemented on all JDOM core
classes in two ways:

1. Based on the node order in the tree
2. As a string comparison based on the XPath value of a node (by the
way, if I wrote some getValue() methods for all the JDOM core
classes, would anybody want to integrate them into the tree?)

The main question is whether anybody needs this. If there isn't a
real pressing use case for it, then I'd propose leaving it till at
least 1.1. We can certainly add it later. There's no need to lock
ourselves in now.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |