[jdom-interest] hashCode() and equals()

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Sat Jun 2 16:24:09 PDT 2001

> >>  (Note: I'm not convinced that WSDL is such a system, but I don't want
> >>  to make it easy to create one by accident.)
> >
> >In both WSDL and as Bob pointed out, in XSLT, there are cases where
> >comparisons are made where you only know the prefix.
>
> There are simply no such cases in XSLT. Of that I'm 99.9% certain.
> That you think there are indicates to me either that you're
> misunderstanding something or that I'm misunderstanding you. An XSLT
> processor never compares two elements based on their prefixes. It
> always uses the URIs.

Being Bob, I'd like to clarify.

Right, no two elements are compared by prefix alone.

I was just providing an example of a prefix used within
an attribute-value later on in the document.

XSLT, through XPath, does compare based upon URIs,
but the xpath itself never specifies a URI, but
rather a prefix that is mapped to a URI based upon
the element context.  See my previous message about
f(element+prefix) == URI.

	-bob