[jdom-interest] Please make a release...

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Jun 5 11:11:58 PDT 2001

> JDOM is not exactly a huge library (thankfully so) so I can't see why it
> will take almost a year to make a final release.  IMHO releases should occur
> every 3-4 months at the most...iterative approaches tend to converge
> quicker.

Once we go to 1.0 we're limited in what we can do so we don't break
backward compatibility.  Several people are already using JDOM in
production use because it's quite stable, but we haven't been satisfied
that we won't break backward compatibility, thus we don't yet call it
1.0.

The TODO lists tasks that need to be done before 1.0.  I'd love to knock
them off quickly.  You're welcome to help.