[jdom-interest] can you consider this for commitment?

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Mon Jun 11 19:29:32 PDT 2001

Martin Bravenboer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I have paragraphs of this stuff, and I did not want to do parsing
> > and build a JDom tree.
>
> I think it is a compliment that JDom doesn't allow this kind of usage :-)

Yes, it's not appropriate for the JDOM object model to support arbitrary
text strings in lieu of objects.  After all, what would a SAXOutputter
do with the unescaped text?  Or a DOMOutputter?

The right solution imo is to perform a mini-parse of the XML string and
add the generated objects, or keep everything as strings.