[jdom-interest] RE: How to validate and convert a org.w3c.dom.Document

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Jun 19 15:11:21 PDT 2001

> Eric Hartmann wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've browsed the archives to find a solution for this problem : I need
> to validate  a org.w3c.dom.Document (against DTD or Schema which is in
> a jar file) and convert this to org.jdom.Document.

I don't know of any logic to validate a DOM tree, so you're going to
have to stream and let the parser validate on input.  We have on our
TODO (and some people said they'd work on) an in-memory validator of a
JDOM document, so then you could go straight from DOM to JDOM and have
JDOM do the validation.