AW: [jdom-interest] Schema Validation Error

Peter Henzler phenzler at
Wed Jun 20 07:15:37 PDT 2001

I haven't found the cause for the reported mysterious validation error.

Here is what I have found so far:
- xerces 1.4.0 is neaded for proper XML-Schema validation

- I have written a class (see attachment) for validating XML with xerces

- You must use  xmlns:xsd="" .
  Usage of xmlns:xsd="" will result in
errors reported from xerces.

- JDOM can't be used for validation of xml data with schema validation. It
gives error messages where xerces says that there are no errors.

So the workaround is to use for validation a class like the attached one.

Hope this helps.
Peter Henzler