[jdom-interest] Not parsing entities

Todd O'Bryan tdobryan at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 21 12:42:23 PDT 2001

Is there any way to avoid parsing entities?

I'm using JDOM with Xerces, and I tried setting up an EntityResolver that
would just parse the entity as its name, but it doesn't seem to get called
because the EntityResolver for the underlying SAXParser is what gets used.
  (I used the setEntityResolver() method in SAXBuilder.) I suppose the
thing to do would be to create a SAXParser, set its EntityResolver to my
DoNothingResolver and then pass that to JDOM, but there's no SAXBuilder
constructor that takes a SAXParser as an argument, they just take String
names.

This is apparently a common question on the Xerces-J list, but I've found
no solutions there other than people suggesting changes in the input
document (umm, the input document is the way it's supposed to be) or
putting things in CDATA (but they're not CDATA, they're going to be parsed
in a later pass).

Any help much appreciated.

Todd