[jdom-interest] setChildren(List)

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon Jun 25 06:38:50 PDT 2001

another minor cleanup issue.  First of all, why do we have setChildren when
all it does is delegate to setMixedContent?

If there is a reason, the documentation is out of sync between the two.  The
setMixedContent documentation is correct I believe:

    /**
     * <p>
     * This sets the content of the element.  The passed in List should
     * contain only objects of type <code>String</code>,
<code>Element</code>,
     * empty List clears the existing content.  In event of an exception
     * the original content will be unchanged and the items in the added
     * content will be unaltered.

but here is setChildren

    /**
     * <p>
     * This sets the content of the element to be the List of
     * All existing element and non-element content of the element is
removed.
     * In event of an exception the children may be partially added.
     * </p>
     *
add
     * @return this element modified
     */
    public Element setChildren(List children) {
        return setMixedContent(children);