[jdom-interest] Xerces.jar too big

Christian Schmitt christian.schmitt at dfki.de
Fri Jun 29 07:24:04 PDT 2001

Hi everybody !

I am using jdom for basic XML reading and mapping to Java objects and
since the application should run as an applet I would like to keep the
overall size of the application to a reasonable amount. The Xerces
parser with its xerces.jar file is quiet big in my opinion (1.4MB) where
as the other parts of the application are very small.
Are all provided packages really mandatory in order to run jdom or what
packages can be removed ? Or does it exist another parser that is more
compact ?

Many thanks for your help
Chris