[Fwd: [jdom-interest] getMixedContent -> getContent]

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Fri Jun 29 17:46:12 PDT 2001

> Ok. Ok.
> As I said, I would like having filters for doing interesting things,
> but it would be also a nice option for SAXBuilder or SAXFilter
> to discard 'empty' text contents.

In the TODO there's an idea to implement a
setIgnoringAllWhitespace(boolean) method which would allow the
programmer to specify they had no interest in any surrounding
whitespace, which would include your empty contents.  The trick is
implementing it efficiently.  You have to do a fair amount of state
management to eat only the right whitespace.