[jdom-interest] Help:How to make JDOM work with validation on?

Miguel Angel Medina Lopez mamedina at logic-factory.com
Tue Jun 26 00:06:36 PDT 2001

Hi:

 I validate xml document against schemas with JDOM. The next samples is with
beta6 and I don't know if work with beta 7.
After you create a instante of SAXBuilder with validate to true, you must
indicate the schema in your XML file and the validation is automatic when
you call method buid of SAXBuilder object. You indicate the schema URL with
the nexy line at top of your XML document.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ROOT xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
                     xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="schema_url_or_file.xsd">

If you create the document with the JDOM API methods, you must write the
next lines to include this attribute to the document:

        root = new Element("ROOT");
        root.addAttribute(new
Attribute("noNamespaceSchemaLocation","schema_url_or_file.xsd",Namespace.get
Namespace("xsi","http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance")));

        doc = new Document(root);

I hope this help you

Miguel Ángel Medina López