[jdom-interest] XPath & JDOM

Scott Smith ssmith at summitlogic.com
Thu Mar 1 14:27:08 PST 2001

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

The org.apache.xpath package was designed such that it could be used
independently of Xalan.  Seems like all we need to do to support XPath (and
not have to worry about it's maintenance) is implement some interface
classes to provide the apache.xpath classes with what they need to work.

It might be as easy as having org.jdom.element implement the
org.w3c.dom.node interface.

Then we get complete XPath functionality for 'free'.

PS: I know of Werken's XPath stuff.  It is not complete.  And it would seem
more politically correct to use the Apache stuff anyway.

Scott P. Smith
SummitLogic
790 Oak Trail Drive
Marietta, GA 30062