[jdom-interest] Re: JDOMException: Invalid Unicode character (0x0)

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Sat Mar 10 14:33:30 PST 2001

James,

The only legal characters in "parsed entities" are:

#x9 | #xA | #xD | [#x20-#xD7FF] | [#xE000-#xFFFD] | [#x10000-#x10FFFF]

Spec: http://www.xml.com/axml/target.html#NT-Char

In other words, there are only 3 legal characters between 0x0 and 0x31, and
0x0 isn't one of them.

Parsed entities, by the way, applies to everything in your example.  There
are such things as unparsed entities, but these can only appear in the
value of attributes declared as type ENTITY or ENTITIES:
http://www.xml.com/axml/target.html#dt-unparsed

I think you're on the right track to suspect there's some extra stuff past
the end of the document.  Maybe you need to get a valid content length from
IFS and then clip the input to the actual length.