[jdom-interest] PI.getValue() returning "" [eg]

Wesley Biggs wbiggs at elite.com
Wed Mar 14 10:42:30 PST 2001

Jason,

I'm confused by your example.  In <?targ quux="a" bar?>, pi.getValue("quux")
should be "a", right?  You meant what should pi.getValue("bar") give you,
I'll assume.

It looks like a classic tri-state problem.

Is it important to be able to distinguish
<?targ quux="a" bar?>
from
<?targ quux="a" bar=""?>
?

If not, both should return "".  If it is important, how about adding a
PI.hasName(name) method (or something similar) and let the former case
return null.

Wes