[jdom-interest] NamesSpace questions

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon Mar 19 12:01:57 PST 2001

> I was wondering if some one could give me some clarification on how
> namespaces are used in JDOM.  My experience so far seems to
> indicate that
> if you declare ANY namespace that you lose the ability to
> have a default
> name space.  Let me give an example
>
> <rdf:RDF>
>      <channel>
>          <dc:creator>some text</dc:creator>
>     </channel>
> </rdf:RDF>

Could you give a more complete example?  There are no default namespaces
declared.  Elements are not by default declared in a default namespace,
instead they are in NO_NAMESPACE which is the absence of a namespace.  Since
this won't even parse, I can't make any prediction as to what may be wrong
;^)