[jdom-interest] JavaXP and JDOM Build 6

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Mar 20 09:55:46 PST 2001

Tobias Rademacher wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I want do create a DOM Tree from a JDOM tree. The JavaDoc mention that is
> depends on JavaXP classes.

What of this Javadoc makes you think it depends on JAXP?

  This creates a new DOMOutputter which will attempt to first locate
  a DOM implementation to use via JAXP, and if JAXP does not exist or
  there's a problem, will fall back to the default parser.

> The new release of this API (1.1) doesn't contains
> the com.sun.xml - classes anymore. So my transformation fails.

JDOM works fine with JAXP 1.1.  The JAXP factory creates a Crimson
instance for you.  If you're having com.sun.xml errors something else is
going on.