[jdom-interest] How to check document before parsing it

Alex Colic alex.colic at pop-ware.com
Thu Mar 22 06:07:03 PST 2001

Hi,

We are using xml as a message packet for one of our network apps. The back
end was not originally designed to work with xml. We have had to customise
it but we presently are not able to get rid of the original message format
of a delimited string. When a critical error occurs the backend can only
send out messages in a delimited string format. My front end needs to do a
check to see if the message it is receiving is a valid xml packet. Is there
a isXML(String) method that I could use that would take a String and pass
back a boolean that the passed String is in xml format?

Any help is appreciated.

Alex