[jdom-interest] Error with JDom?

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Fri Mar 23 09:38:34 PST 2001

> Every time I try to use the SAXBuilder I get the following error:

> org.xml.sax.Attributes: method getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found
<snip />

> While the FAQ address the problem of method not found errors the fix
> described there (placing your parser before any other parsers
> in the class
> path) does not work here.  The first four items in my class path are
> rt.jar, tools.jar, xerces.jar, then jdom.jar
>
> I find that if I use the DOMBuilder that this doesn't throw these
> exceptions.  Any clue?

Now we're getting somewhere!  You must have a different DOM jar in your
classpath.  I know you say you don't and whenever I see that I say, look in
your jre/lib/ext directory.  9 out of ten times you have some jar file there
with DOM and probably other xml related classes.  Delete that jar file so
know exactly which DOM and XML classes are actually being used and let us
know what happens.