[jdom-interest] jdom serialization - is it the best way to go ?

Kimpton,C (Chris) KimptonC at rabo-bank.com
Mon Mar 26 04:41:16 PST 2001

Hi,

Tell me about it - more on the way...

> This has been discussed pretty heavily in the past.  There is
> not widespread
> agreement on the *best* way to do it but it's pretty clear that the
> *fastest* way to perform it would be to write a custom
> serialization/deserialization method.  Many of the
> discussions about where
> JDOM fits into your program affect this as well.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - its the speed we are looking for - especially on the
parsing.

To write a custom serialization/deserialization, I presume we are talking
about a core change to jdom - as the code would need to know what jdom
fields to send/not send.  I don't suppose anyone has done this already   :-)

TIA,
Chris

This electronic message (email) and any attachments to it are subject to copyright and are sent for the personal attention of the addressee. Although you may be the named recipient, it may become apparent that this email and its contents are not intended for you and an addressing error has been made. This email may include information that is legally privileged and exempt from disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your computer system.Rabobank International is the trading name of Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. which is incorporated in the Netherlands. Registered with the Registrar of Companies for England & Wales No. BR002630 and regulated by the SFA for the conduct of investment business in the UK.

The presence of this footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically checked by Rabobank International for the presence of computer viruses prior to it being sent, however, no guarantee is given or implied that this email is virus free upon delivery.