[jdom-interest] XML formatting and java class hierarchy

Kenworthy, Edward edward.kenworthy at exchange.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 04:51:03 PST 2001

Hi Ludde

Lots of good reasons. The class might depend on it's particular interface.
Other classes might depend on its particular interface - ie the true
interface is *not* a String - it's a String formatted in a particular way.

In any case the correct class to try and do the change you are trying is not
CDATA, you should be subclassing XMLOutputter. You want the out put changed
(XMLOutputter), not the underlying model (CDATA).

Edward