[jdom-interest] First pass at Namespace revision[eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Mar 30 11:38:35 PST 2001

> we should include the ability to change all elements and
> attributes where a particular namespace occurs.  For default
> namespaces, if possible, this should be as simple as possible
> because it is very simple in textual xml because of namespace
> scope. Possibly a

I'm hoping someone can come up with a good reason why you'd want to
programatically change the namespace URIs of elements in a document.  I
do maintain there's no special preference to be given to default
namespaces because if I say:

  <head/>

It's semantically identical to:

<xhtml:html xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <xhtml:head/>

A default namespace is just an empty-string prefix namespace.

BTW, if you look at DOM it doesn't have a setName() or setNamespaceURI()
option either.