[jdom-interest] detach() [eg]

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Wed May 2 09:57:51 PDT 2001

> >element.detach() violates that common understanding,
> especially since
> >detach is not a reflexive verb.
>
> I think we're getting into some serious wibble here.
<snip>

> So can we drop the pedantic semantic bs and get back on the topic ?

I don't know a reflexive verb from a prepositional phrase but as usual,
Elliotte provided examples that made it very clear what he is trying to say.
Just as I wouldn't want to inhibit a newbie from asking a stupid question, I
would not want to restrict an incredibly clear and consistent thinker like
Elliotte from making his points in the language he uses.

Now if there was just some way I could avoid being on the opposite side of
his clear and incredibly consistent viewpoints.....

I have it:  let's not quibble, let's do it my way

;^)